Physics Maths up to 12th grade-Higher Secondary XI, XII, AIEEE, IIT
Taught Physics and Maths to my daughter who cracked IIT/JEE in 1993 with 384 rank and joined IIT Powai, since then I have been guiding needy students, passion for teaching Physics and Maths, (i) worked with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited for 38+ years, and 4+ years with Jindal Power Ltd
Bachelor of Engg (Electrical) 1971 from IIT Roorkee, 84.6% first class with Honours, 15KV traction final year project, specialisation in power systems, power electronics, power generation, transmission and distribution
• 30+ Years experience in Thermal Power Sector in Contracts & Procurement, Supply chain management, Material Management, Stores Management, Logistics Management, Regulatory, Commercial, Planning, Design & Engineering (switchgear, control gear), Tendering, Project Management, Manufacturing of large capacity Turbines, Generators, condensers of 250 MW/ 500 MW/ 660 MW/ 800 MW with BHEL & 4+ years with Jindal Power Limited 600 MW Tamnar Chattisgarh Project.
• Specialists: Procurement, Contracts, Tendering, Negotiations, Imports, Claim settlement, e-procurement, SAP, Project Management – handling complexity and Risks, Stores Management, Logistics for 320 MT ODC stators and other packages.
• Preparation and evaluation of tenders, receipt and evaluation of bids, award of contracts for Electrical, Mechanical and C&I for Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear Power Plants.
• Exploring/identifying new sources for cost saving and applying various cost optimization measures
• Budget control and monitoring for all types of purchases, strategic negotiations, value analysis & cost control
• Leading the technical series initiative to enhance skills of team to make better decision
• Project Management of 30 MW Back Pressure Turbine (Siemens make) for JSPL Angul project
• Published and presented over 10 Technical papers at National and International conferences related to Project Management & Project Engineering
(a) April’10 – Sep’14: Jindal Power Limited Gurgaon / Tamnar
- Contracts & Procurement and Co-ordination with BHEL and their sub-suppliers, client, BOP vendors, civil contractors, erection contractors including follow up of supplies from all BHEL units and sub-vendors for 4X600 MW Tamnar Thermal Power Project.
- Procurement of various Electrical & Mechanical Balance of Plants.
- First 600 MW Unit synchronized in Oct’13 (record time of 22 Months from BES) which is World bench mark. 2nd & 3rd Units also synchronized in 22 Months & 17 Months respectively from BES. 4th Unit is in advance stage of synchronization.
- Project Management of 30MW Back Pressure Turbine (Siemens make) for JSPL Angul Project
- Planning & Project Management for transport of 600 MW Stator (320MT) from BHEL Haridwar to Tamnar Chattisgarh in 44 days.
(b) June’07 – April’10: General Manager (Engg & Comm Co-Ordination) BHEL Haridwar
- Preparation of Techno-Commercial proposals & Project Management of various Thermal Projects of 250MW/500MW/600MW/660MW/800MW and 150MW Gas Turbnes (V94.2)
- Negotiating and Securing orders from various Power Utilities and NTPC
- Contracts for procurement of approx. Rs 4, 000 Cr per annum of bought out items
- Execution of contracts from tendering till commissioning
- Cash collection and reduction in debtors
- Multimodal Transport arrangement for export job of 4X150MW Gas Turbine Libya project
(c) July’04 – June’07: Additional General Manager (E&CC and Communication & PR)
- Procurement & Project Management of 27 Thermal Power Projects of 210MW/250MW/500MW ratings to effect commissioning of 9900MW in 2006-07.
- Contract Management of 4X150MW Gas Turbine Western Mountain Libya (GECOL) project on turnkey basis. This includes procurement of items, transport for shipment, custom clearance and local transport in Libya.
- Extensive customer training of 137.5 man-months for 82 Libyan Engineers.
(d) June’01 – July’04: Additional General Manager (Defense Project)
- Procurement of items & Manufacturing of 76mm caliber Super Rapid Gun for Indian Navy in collaboration with OTO MELARA Italy
- Unique problem of gun was resolved through 3-D modeling for the first time in BHEL. Subsequently all guns fired in first attempt resulting in BHEL image building through placement of further orders of 7 Guns by Indian Navy
(e) June’85 – June’01: Manager to Addl General Manager
- Tendering and proposals for Thermal, Gas, Nuclear power projects of 210MW / 250MW / 500MW both in domestic and international markets
- Project Management and Erection and Commissioning of 430MW Faridabad (NTPC) CCPP including selection of equipments/systems for air intake system, fuel gas system, fuel oil system and all bottom cycle equipments.
- Associated during erection and commissioning of 430MW Faridabad CCPP at site for 12 months
(f) March’72 – June’85: Engineer & Senior Engineer
- C&I system engineering for various 210MW/250MW/500MW Thermal Power Plants, Bhilai Steel Plant expansion, Bokaro Steel Plant expansion, BALCO Korba
- HT and LT Controls for OSBT as well as LSTG at BHEL Haridwar
Training: At Siemens Germany for proposal framing of V94.2 Gas Turbine (150MW ISO) Open and Combined cycle project
- Published and presented over 10 technical papers at National and International conferences.
- “Effective Contract Management for Overseas Projects in a functional Organisation-Experience Sharing”, presented during 20th IPMA World Congress on Project Management Development by Projects, A key to the Innovating Age, Shanghai China during 15th-17th Oct’06.
Pricing: Rs 600/- to 700/- per hour. Time is no timelimit for me while teaching
Geographical Area Covered: Travel within 8-10 Km in Gurgaon as well as at my Home
Available for online teaching: yes
Available for one-to-one, Private teaching: yes
Available for Home teaching(Teacher travels to you): yes
Address: Flat 401 Aravali Homes Sector-54, Gurgaon, Gurugram, Haryana
Pin code: 122011